CC Communications may have disability related services and/or products, or information, to assist customers in accessing communications services where certain disabilities inhibits such access. Call 775-423-7171 or visit our customer service office at 1750 W. Williams Ave, Fallon, NV 89406.
This is an abbreviation for “Captioned Telephone”. CapTel is a device
that can be used by persons who are hard of hearing, but are able to
communicate by using their voice. Words spoken by the called party are
captioned onto a screen on the device, allowing the caller better access
This is an abbreviation for “Teletypewriter” which is a device that
can be used for people with speech or hearing disabilities to
communicate over the phone system. Some also refer to the device as a
TDD – Telecommunications Device for the Deaf.
This is a free service that enables standard phone users to
communicate with individuals with hearing loss who use TTYs, have speech
disabilities, or who communicate in American Sign Language. Specially
trained Relay operators complete all calls and stay on line to relay
conversations between users. There are a variety of Relay services. Most
Relay services are available 24 hours a day, every day and all calls
through Relay are held in strict confidence. There is no charge for
Relay services; however, normal long distances charges do apply.
All emergency calls should be made directly to 911. Using Relay for
emergency calls is not encouraged. If you use a TTY and cannot obtain
emergency services by calling 911, you may call relay and tell the
operator you have an emergency.
Directory Assistance And Operator Services
If a disability makes it difficult for you to look up numbers in the
phone book or to dial a phone, you may qualify for an exemption from
directory assistance or operator service charges. To inquire, please
call our business office at 775-423-7171.
Directory Listings for TTY Users
Customers who use a TTY may include this information as part of their directory listing, at no additional charge: Example:
TTY only 555-8888
TTY & Voice 555-8888
Free Equipment Program
In Nevada, CapTel, TTY, Telebraille and telephone signalers are
available at no charge to qualified deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind,
and speech impaired individuals. This service is made possible through a
monthly surcharge on all telephone lines in Nevada. To access this
program, please contact:
DHHARC Reno/Sparks Office
1150 Corporate Blvd.
(775) 355-8994 voice / tty
(775) 355-8996 fax
Relay Services – Things you should know about Relay Nevada
- Long Distance calls made through Relay Nevada are billed by Sprint
at their standard rate, unless you ask the Relay operator to use your
specific long distance carrier.
- All calls through Relay Nevada must either be made from, or to, a phone line in Nevada.
- All states have their own Relay systems; so by dialing 7-1-1 callers will access the appropriate Relay.
- Relay Nevada calls can be made from Nevada, to virtually anywhere in the world (using English or Spanish only).
- Directory assistance help is available through any Relay Nevada Service.
- The FCC (Federal Communications Commission) tracks all complaints
about services through relay. Please contact customer service at
423-0020 for any concerns or complaints about the relay services you
The following is a description of the various Relay services and how
to access them. Please note that 7-1-1 will work for any CapTel call.
- TTY to Voice: 1-800-326-6868
- Voice to CapTel: 1-877-243-2823
- Voice to Relay user: 1-800-326-6888
- Voice Carry-Over: 1-800-326-4013
- Speech-to-Speech: 1-888-326-5658
- Hearing Carry-Over: 1-800-326-6868
- ASCII: 1-888-696-0629
- Deaf-Blind: 1-800-326-6868
- Spanish/Espanol Relay: 1-800-877-1219
Other relay-related information
- Relay Nevada Customer Service: 1-800-676-3777 (TTY / Voice / ASCII)
- Relay Nevada Spanish Customer Service: 1-800-676-4290 (TTY / Voice / ASCII)
- Relay Nevada Speech-to-Speech Customer Service: 1-877-787-1989
- CapTel Customer Service: 1-888-269-7477 (Voice/Captel/TTY)
- CapTel Spanish Customer Service: 1-866-670-9134 (Voice/CapTel/TTY)
- Sprint TTY Operator Service: 1-800-855-4000
- Internet Replay – For those who wish to access Relay from the
Internet. There are no long distance charges for Internet Replay. Go to www.sprintrelayonline.com.
- 900 Calls – Calls made to 900 numbers. Dial 1-900-230-2300
- International Calls – Calls made from another country, to the United
States, can be relayed through Sprint’s international relay system.
Customer Database Profile
For Relay users who wish to have their calling preferences, like
their long distance carrier of choice, stored in the Relay Nevada
computer. This makes calling Relay more efficient. To set up a database
profile, dial: 1-800-676-3777.
Additional information is available at www.relaynevada.com.
All Relay services are made possible through a monthly surcharge on Nevada phone lines.
Readily Available Resources
For visually impaired customers using CC Communications Digital TV
service, a universal remote control with buttons labeled in braille is
Contact CC Communications
Call 775-423-7171, visit our Customer Service Center at 1750 W. Williams Ave, Fallon, NV 89406 or use our website contact form.
CC Communications will work to determine whether there are other
reasonably available resources based on requests from customers.